ATTENTION: Monroe Farm Market Online has moved to www.MonroeFarmMarket.com!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
Source: www.whfoods.org (Entered by Monroe Farm Market)
A wonderful hearty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve with a salad and impress your guests.
Step by Step Instructions
- Mince onion and chop garlic let them sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground beef or sausage, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS water. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place skillet under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.
Comments added by fellow market members.
Could you guys seriously consider a pick up in the South Charleston area. I want to have membership, but the pickup points now are inconvient for somebody in St Albans. Plus the traffic is awful at that time of night. Please, please, please